Well hot damn. Another month's gone by. We still spent a lot of time in Vermont visiting my dad, but we've also been able to have some Brooklyn-based fun. Of course, then we got a computer virus, so I wasn't able to post about any of it. But now the computer's all better, and my dad is SO MUCH BETTER too. After six weeks on a ventilator and a few more weeks in the ICU, he's being transferred today to a rehab hospital outside of Boston. Frankly, it's incredible. Absolutely thrilling. My favorite moment of the last two months may have been my dad and Ellie working together on a coloring book in the hospital's visiting lounge. I couldn't have asked for anything better.
Some quick photos from the last couple of weeks...and I promise we'll be updating more regularly now that life is getting more, well, regular.
I took Ellie and Gabe to the Prospect Park Zoo. The sea lions were Ellie's absolute favorite. I'm considering getting us a membership to the Wildlife Conservancy which gets us into the Brooklyn Zoo, the Bronx Zoo, the Central Park Zoo and Children's Zoo, and the Aquarium. We actually went to the Aquarium today with Pauly, Sara, Andre and Uncle Todd. It was awesome. Ellie was a little intimidated by the walrus...can't say I blame her.
Look who's big enough to be in an exersaucer! Of course, moments after this photo was taken he burst into tears when Pauly kept hitting one of the toys. What a baby.
3 comments:
It really did start off with Ellie giving her nice little (closed mouth) kisses to Dylan....
so glad to see new pics and words.. very glad all seems under control with your dad... passes to zoo's are a good thing...
So glad to hear your Dad's doing better!!
XOXO
Sarah
Post a Comment