Monday, August 8, 2011

Sleep Well, Topaz



i
w
Tonight we did the hardest thing, and finally put Topaz to sleep. He was 15 years old, and had been diagnosed with cancer last October. The old man was getting more and more tired, until we finally knew it was time to let him go. Thanks, Topaz, for sharing our life. In cat heaven you can chase Jezebel to your heart's content, and the bathtub is always left dripping like a water fountain. Between that and the unlimited supply of tuna-juice you should be all set. We'll miss you.

Knowing when to finally let go and let a pet rest is one of the hardest "adult" parts of being a grown-up. And truthfully, I'm not a fan. If anyone's looking for me I'll be in the kiddie-pool.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

So sorry, you guys...it is so hard to say goodbye to our little companions, I know...thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about Topaz..I agree it is a hard thing to go through..

Food Lovin' Mama said...

Sorry you guys! :(

Amber Lane said...

So sad, we're so sorry... :(