A mother's guilt never ends, right? Isn't that part of the deal? There are no perfect choices, and we all just do the best we can.
Today, I'm feeling guilty about taking Ellie out of day care - which is insane considering how guilty I felt putting her IN day care to begin with. But now I feel like I'm tearing her away from the teachers she has grown to love, and her cute little boyfriend who follows her around like a love-sick puppy. I know we're going to have a great Spring - playing in the park and watching Gabe grow - but change is hard. I can only hope she's half as happy to spend every day with me as she has been to see her day care peeps every morning.
A good Jewish mother is supposed to make everyone else feel guilty. I'm obviously doing it wrong.
7. Years. Old.
10 years ago
4 comments:
Hang in there, Mama! You're doing such a wonderful job with your beautiful beautiful kiddos. You're all going to have a blast together--enjoy!!
XOXO
Nicole, don't feel guilty .. we can only do what we can and how we do it will affect our kids no matter what.. parents are in for the long haul. you and Bri are doing a fantastic job and Ellie and Gabe are lucky to have you for parents..
You will get beyond the guilt when Ellie makes new friends at the playground..... and you get to watch her grow and blossom every day!
one door closes another opens...
ENjoy her as much as you can.. and Gabe too...
It goes by so fast it'll make your head spin. (my baby now 18+)
XOXO love you, aunt jan
Love the opportunities... for ellie to make new friends at the playground, to spend time with you and Gabe... your guilt will dissipate very soon!
Enjoy spring, swings, and butterflies!
XO aunt jan
Post a Comment