Todd and Bess joined us and we had dinner at the marina in Haverstraw. Coincidentally, my friend Rene found herself stuck in Peekskill so we met up with her and her friends and ended up giving them a sunset cruise ride back to town. A perfect day? Possibly. It makes me so happy that the kids will grow up thinking of the Hudson as part of their world they can explore, instead of just something pretty to look at.
The only downside is that Gabe seems to be picking up on my boat nervousness. He used to beg Brian to "go faster" but now he wants to sit on my lap and whines when we hit some waves. I think he needs to get on the boat a few more times without me and rediscover his boat-joy. And as Amy pointed out, I almost look like I'm enjoying myself in these pictures. Progress.


No comments:
Post a Comment