Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Parking Schmarking

So, seriously.  Who wants to teach me how to parallel park?  Every time I go to Brooklyn I just put my head in the sand and assume I'll magically find a parking spot I can pull right in to.  And every time I've been extraordinarily lucky.  Until yesterday.  Yesterday I drove around for 20 minutes before I finally found a metered spot with a one hour time limit.  One hour!  Meaning if I hadn't just gotten back from feeding the meter, I was putting on my coat, getting ready to go feed the meter.  Oy.

But who am I to let small ridiculous things interfere with Hannukah and good times with Sara, Paul, and Caroline?

Sure the picture's blurry, and not one of them is looking at the camera.  But what can you do?

We had a lovely afternoon just chilling at Sara's house and letting the kids run wild.  I really miss our easy days together when I lived in Brooklyn, and I'm so thankful that I can drive to visit.  Now if I could only park...  An extra treat came later when Brian met us in Brooklyn (and moved the car for me!) and we had dinner at our old favorite pizza place before driving back.  Hooray for a random Tuesday. 



No comments: