Friday, December 14, 2012

Holiday Train Show

Do you live in the New York area?  Have you been to the Holiday Train Show at the New York Botanical Garden?  No?  Step away from the computer.  Put your phone back in your pocket.  Tell your boss you have "stomach issues" and go straight there.  Now.  Actually, they have a couple evenings when it's adults only and they serve a complimentary drink.  That may be even better.  But OH MY GOD.  We went yesterday with Maggie and Baby Will, and it was just incredible.  It hit me in all my "fairy-house" madness, and Gabe went absolutely bonkers for the electric trains. I didn't think we were ever going to get him out of there. When I was a kid my dad had a huge train table in the creepy crawly basement of doom and spiders.  It had real running trains that I wasn't allowed to touch, and mountains with tunnels, and little villages with the makings of a whole basement civilization.  So maybe a train thing runs in my family. 

I didn't think I could easily navigate both kids and camera, so forgive the cell phone shots.  Thank god for my phone.

 I love that they look like they're walking the streets of L.A.

Mags and Baby Will.  

Gabe was moving so much it was hard to capture his enthusiasm in pictures.  Each time a train came he'd run after it like a dog chasing a car.

Gabe's "cheese face" never fails to crack me up.  And that's a model of Yankee Stadium behind them.  Awesome.

He would have climbed the walls if it meant he could touch the trains running overhead.

This is a model of Lyndhurst, made completely out of bark, twigs, and plants.  I run right by this house on my weekend jogs, and here it is...my perfect fairy mansion.



No comments: