Thursday, October 20, 2011

2 Years

2 years old. Ellie is two years old today. I just finished putting her to bed, and I'm feeling outrageously sentimental - verging on maudlin.

We sat in her room and she snuggled against me while I quietly sang "The Rainbow Connection." Our song. I've sung it almost every day since she was born, sometimes more than once. She must know all the words, but she never joins me. She just listens, and leans her head against my shoulder while I stroke her hair. It's one of those moments. Those moments that make you forget the willful, defiant two year old she was just ten minutes earlier. For that moment she's still my baby, like she will be forever.

Happy Birthday, baby. There are no words for how much I love you.

St. Patricks Day, 2010...when she really was still my little baby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, you just made me cry. Happy birthday, sweet beautiful Ellie!...Marisa xo

Sarah said...

Happy happy day, Ellie! XOXO

Anonymous said...

Cherish the moments like that.. they stay in your heart forever..