So yeah, our apartment has been completely torn apart in anticipation of the Murphy Bed install, and Brian and I spent over 10 hours this weekend just THROWING THINGS AWAY - which is very cathartic and feels great, but my god, it's amazing how much stuff we accumulate. The Great Book Cull of 2010 continued, and now my library consists almost entirely of dog-eared young adult novels I've owned since I was 10. All that highbrow stuff I'll never read again? Gone. The fantastic sparkly high heels I bought despite the fact that they're half a size too big and I couldn't actually wear them? Gone. The baseball glove that has lived in my arts and crafts bag for the last 10 years? Gone. The pasta maker that hasn't seen a fresh sheet of pasta since 2001? Yeah, still here. What can I say. I'm a work in progress and haven't yet admitted to myself that I am no longer a girl with the time (or inclination) to make fresh pasta.
Our only respite last weekend was New Years Eve, which we spent chilling with Allie and Mike in Jersey. We put the kids to bed, hired a sitter, and actually went out to eat. Of course, we were all so tired when we got home that we spent a few minutes uncomfortably watching Dick Clark deny reality and went to bed at 12:15. Woohoo! Party!
Ellie had a great time playing with Jeremy, who's only 15 months older than she is. I totally freaked myself out when I realized that's just about the age difference between Ellie and Baby Boy. Oh dear. I'm really going to have my hands full.

Happy New Year! We're a little discombobulated with the whole apartment shenanigans, but hopefully I'll have pictures and an update soon.
2 comments:
i love reading your posts :) happy new year! XO Mary B
little bit at a time... New Years out with the old.. and in with.... lots of changes coming...
Post a Comment