Any advice on how to get Ellie to sleep in a little? This whole 5am-bright-eyed-and-bushy-tailed-and-oh-so-ready-to-start-the-day thing? I'm over it.
Ellie's a good sleeper, so I know I shouldn't complain. It's just, well, it's 5am. I don't have to be at work until 10. We could sleep in until 8:30 and still get there in plenty of time. But no.
We've tried keeping her up a little later, but she really seems hardwired to go to bed at 7pm. Putting her to bed earlier isn't an option since we don't get home from daycare until 6. Any ideas?
7. Years. Old.
10 years ago
8 comments:
Go to bed earlier :)
Sorry….Arden is up by 6 every day. And that's with one nighttime feeding. I think our days of sleeping in are over for about…oh…6 years?
6 I could handle. 6 is the morning. See, 5 is still the middle of the night. Sigh...
nik, are you giving her solids?....give her some cereal at around 6:30 if she gets sleepy around 7ish, so that her belly is nice and full and she falls into a long deep sleep (unless you can push it to 8) good luck!...it gets better I promise;) hugs, Diana
Hang in there, she will go through phases and you just enjoy the ones where she sleeps in. Zoe FINALLY seems to have just exited a 5-5:30am wake-up time that lasted at least 6 months. Now, all of the sudden it's anywhere between 6-7:30...even 8:15, unbelievably this morning!! Zoe's always been a good sleeper/early riser too so maybe it'll be the same with Ellie. Oh and it was also the same with us--no matter what time we put her to bed, she would always wake up at the same time...sometimes there's nothing you can do unfortunately.
XO
-Sarah
like the new england weather, it will change shortly.........mom
Try reading an insurance policy to her. It will put her down for sure.
~Matt
Matt, I'm trying to get her to sleep in a little, not slip into a coma.
sleep.... not going to get any till she is way older.. then on Saturdays
when she doesn't have school she will get up and want to do something cause all week you had to shove her out of bed to get to school..
Post a Comment