Monday, April 13, 2015

So This is 40...

...and it's much better than that craptacular movie from a few years ago.  Honestly, I had invested so much emotional energy and anxiety to the transition back to work, that I had nothing left in me to care that I'm now officially old.  It was just a really fun couple of birthday days.

My new boss let me off work on Thursday, so I got to stay home and play with the monkeys all day, which was awesome.  Then Friday night Brian and I had a date night that involved wearing heels and drinking champagne.  Saturday night some of our nearest and dearest came over to play charades.  And it was a pajama party because Brian ROCKS and took seriously my comment that I was so tired and "if I could just make everyone come in their pajamas, I would."  Then, because everything else wasn't enough...Sunday dawned glorious and Spring finally arrived and we all played outside all day and got our first sunburns of the season.  Huzzah!


Mira was THRILLED to find out that winter ends.



I LOVE this picture.  Not only does E looked thrilled, but you can see how we drag all our porch furniture into the street on sunny days.  We're so ghetto.






FIVE!  (in pajamas!)

No comments: