While we were in Provincetown and the kids were losing their minds from too many cupcakes and mid-day ice cream cones, and not enough naps and consistent bedtimes, I kept thinking: "It will be good to get them home and back into their routine." But here's the thing. The routine? It's over. Ellie only has two weeks left of school. And today was her last dance class. She was particularly devastated because I thought there was another week, so she wasn't prepared to say goodbye to her teacher today. We're taking the summer off, and will start again in the fall, but her teacher is moving away. A season of endings and new beginnings.
I'm hyper aware of the passage of time right now. Two weeks of school. Then three weeks of home-time with me and Gabe. Then Ellie has four weeks of summer camp. And the baby? The baby will be here before summer camp ends. Tick Tock. Tick Tock.
I offered to take a picture of Ellie with her dance teacher, but she insisted on making it a selfie. I swear she's practically a teenager.
E and Miss Christina, her first dance teacher.
No comments:
Post a Comment