Thursday, April 19, 2012

Vegas!

That's right.  This time tomorrow Brian and I will be leaving on a jet plane, Vegas-bound.  Of course, we know exactly when we'll be back again.  Three glorious days without the kids, with some of our best friends, 90 degree weather, and a pool.  Ooooh yeah.

Now if I could only get rid of my crippling anxiety about leaving the kids.  My mother-in-law is coming up to stay with them, and I know they'll have fun and be totally spoiled and have a great time.  But I miss them already!  I've only been away from Ellie for this long once, and I don't think I've ever spent a night away from Gabe.  Plus I'm concerned about his possible allergies, and in the face of uncertainty I tend to assume the worst.

I feel untethered.  Which may not be a bad feeling, but is certainly unfamiliar and disorienting.  But this will be me and Brian's first time away from the kids TOGETHER.  Our first time to sleep late, order some room service, drink a mimosa, and watch some hotel cable.  Plus, did I mention the pool?

No comments: