
So, what's for dinner? For the last four months it's been takeout, with an occasional peanut butter and jelly sandwich to liven things up. And oh boy am I sick of vegetable red curry and mediocre sushi. Since the babe is now four months old, I feel like I am capable of keeping two kids alive all day AND make dinner in the evening. And I probably could, if I could remember what I used to cook. Seriously, I try to think about what we used to eat for dinners and my brain freezes into a useless almanac of delivery menus. And even if I can think "pork chop" that's as far as I get. Side dish? nope. Vegetable? nope. I may have time to whip something up for dinner, but I definitely don't have the brain power.
I was searching for inspiration at our local bookstore the other day and stumbled on Real Simple's "Dinner Tonight: Done!" (I've gotta say, I love the title.) And I found it! Inspiration! I tagged every recipe I thought sounded both fantastic to eat and reasonable to make on a weeknight. Look how many I tagged! And the best part is that most of the recipes are complete meals. It's not just "Ginger Soy Scallops," but "Ginger Soy Scallops with Grilled Bok Choy." So I don't have to think AT ALL.
We'll see how I actually do, but hopefully this is the beginning of less takeout and more home-cooking.
2 comments:
Way to go! I don't know how people do it. xx
It will all come back to you.. then you will welcome take out menu's again.. prep dinner when kids are napping in afternoon.. feed them before you guys eat... then cook dinner when they are in bed and you and bri can have a relaxing evening.. worked for me..
Post a Comment