Monday, December 27, 2010

NYC Blizzard 2010

Well, I was certainly hoping that my office would close today. (They have in previous years for much less snow - Boo!) Alas, that was not the case. No Long Island Railroad or Metro North, and limited NJ Transit service kept the suburbanites away, but a handful of subway lines running made for an adventurous commute for us city dwellers. After over an hour and several transfers later, I did make it to midtown. The schlep to the subway, however, was definitely not without its charm. I look forward to the the day when I relay this tale to my kids with the requisite "uphill both ways in two feet of snow" - surprisingly not far from the truth.

10th Street 7:00am 12/27/2010
No wonder our block is not plowed.
Disabled Snow Plow #1 - Also why our block is not plowed.
The bus driver gave up and left.
Disabled Bus and Snow Plow #2
Down 9th Avenue
Stuck Snow Plow #3
Are you kidding me? Disabled Snow Plows #4 & 5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW..... just WOW...

Anonymous said...

pix are beautiful - trouble with snow is that in a day it's dirty from car emissions..ksthy